Treasured for its breathtaking beaches, towering waterfalls, sacred culture, volcanic landscapes and amazing eco tours, Maui is one of the most incredible vacation destinations on the planet. From the sunrise from Haleakala to the scared Lao Valley to the white sands of Kaanapali beach, the valley Isle has been voted “Best Island in the US” by Condé Nast Traveler. It’s no wonder locals say Maui no ka oi. That means Maui is the best.
Here are a few Maui points of interest and attractions sure to stir your spirit of adventure:
– One of Maui’s most stunning stretches of coastline, Kaanapali Beach offers three miles of white sand for adventure and relaxation. This West Mau resort is also famous for its cliff diving ceremony at sunset off the beaches northern cliffs known as Black Rock. Kaanapali Beach offers incredible restaurants and shops at Whaler’s Village and two championship golf courses – Ryal Kaanapali and Kaanapali Kai. Soar above the beaches and coastline on a zipline tour.
Traditional Maui Luaus
– Celebrate the culture and food of Hawaii at a traditional Maui luau. Feast on kalua pork cooked in an imu (underground oven), while hula dancers dazzle and entertain. Enjoy an authentic celebration of Hawaiian culture at the Myths of Maui Luau at the Royal Lahaina Resort. Dine on Hawaiian roast pig, sip tropical cocktails, and experience island dance and music in a beautiful oceanfront setting.
Maui Surfing and Windsurfing
– Maui is a legendary surf destination with big waves. From the massive swells of Honolua Bay and Hookipa Beach to Peahi, known as Jaws. If you’re new to the sport, you’ll find fun Maui surf spots in west and south Maui. The beaches at Kaanapali, Lahaina and Kihei are perfect for surfing and paddle boarding. Hookipa Beach on Maui’s northern shore is the windsurfing mecca of the Pacific.
– See the most amazing sunrises from this dormant volcano on Maui’s Upcountry. Hike or bike the trails, spot a rare silversword plant, and take in panoramic views. Embrace the dramatic landscape of the “House of the Sun” at 10,023 feet. Surrounding the crater is Haleakalā National Park, which includes the summit depression, Kipahulu Valley, ʻOheʻo Gulch and two trails.
– Drive the incredibly scenic Hana Highway on the east coast of Maui. The beauty of this drive with its cliffs draped in lush green valleys and majestic waterfalls. Cruise along hairpin curves that hug the coastline and the vast blue ocean. The Road to Hana is an amazing experience that’s hard to describe.
Maui Hotel Specials and Getaways
Planning a vacation to the island of Maui? Hawaiian Hotels and Resorts offers a collection of four hotels on the island of Maui with affordable vacation packages. Edging the sands of Kaanapali, the Royal Lahaina Resort offers luxury beachfront accommodations, oceanfront dining, three outdoor pools, gorgeous wedding venues and the famous Myths of Maui Luau. Adjacent is the Kaanapali Ocean Inn, the best oceanfront hotel value in Maui. Overlooking the beach, the hotel offers beautifully appointed guestrooms, ocean views, dining and three pools.
Situated on the breathtaking Kaanapali coastline, amidst tropical gardens and oceanfront lawns, Kaanpali Beach Cottages is an intimate and romantic escape. Soak up the true spirit of the Valley Isle at the historic Lahaina Inn Enjoy vintage furnishings, private lanais and rocking chairs, then walk to Old Town for dining, shopping and entertainment.